- Theory:10%, Practcal: 70% , Project: 20%
- Flexible daytime Morning, Afternoon & Evening Sessions including Weekend Classes.
Computer & Laptop Repair & Maintenance Training Course – 2024
Computer & Laptop Repair Training Course in Nairobi, Kenya
Given that Computer & Laptop Repair Training is one of the most marketable courses in Kenya because of the high computer usage the introduction of computer and laptops in our schools. We offer the best practical and personalized Computer /Laptop Repair Course training in Nairobi, Kenya. Our model of training is unique and equips the students with valuable combination of Technical & Business abilities. This course is one of the top electronic repair training in demand in the current market place.
- Theory 10%
- Practical 70%
- Project 20%
- Duration: 3 Months
- Standard Fees: KSh 60,000.
What you will learn
Inceptor’s Computer Repair Technician program offers you a valuable combination of technical and business abilities. This will set you off in the career direction of their choice. Every computer eventually needs a tune-up. We will attend Computer Repair and Maintenance courses that will teach them basic computer hardware theory, operating systems and application programs to keep computers running flawlessly. Additionally, they will gain technical hands-on experience in installation, maintenance and applying trouble-shooting techniques.
With more and more microcomputer-based systems entering the marketplace, there is a need for professionals who can link their computer hardware expertise to the general needs of business. To ensure students’ success in the field, students will also acquire business experience by examining approaches for maintaining strong customer relations and providing effective technical support. This concise Computer Repair and Maintenance program will prepare students to step into an important role by combining a broad range of computer-related courses with strong interpersonal skills training. You may also choose to combine this course with mobile repair course.
This program provides students with the fundamental knowledge, theory, and industry-acknowledge practices used to install, manage, and maintain various types of personal computing devices. Students will also learn diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques needed to identify and correct common malfunctions and system errors. The program covers all major hardware systems and common peripheral devices, as well as detailed coverage of Windows-based operating systems, and introductory coverage of basic networking practices.
After completing the Computer Service and Repair program, students will be able to:
- Explain how to use and apply standard tools and essential electrical/electronic theory to service computer hardware in a manner that is safe for both the device and the technician.
- Identify the primary hardware components of a personal computer and describe the connection devices—both internal and external to the CPU—that integrate the components and allow for the proper function of the computer and its peripherals.
- Describe the methods by which personal computers connect and communicate with networks and Internet-based communication systems, both within and external to the private user and business systems.
- Identify the many types of data storage devices used in personal computer technology, both for primary and secondary storage purposes, and determine the best methods and specifications for the application of memory based on user need.
- Identify and describe common problems that cause personal computers to malfunction or to function below optimum performance levels and determine the repair solutions that will allow the restoration of proper operating conditions and maintenance techniques that will maintain those conditions.
- Identify and describe the critical user and administrator functions and commands of Windows operating systems.
- Interpret a variety of user service requests; choose effective corrective actions that resolve the user’s issues, and communicate those actions appropriate to the user.
- Select both Windows-based administrative tools and utilities and third-party solutions to effectively troubleshoot and correct common operating system malfunctions and as part of a regular maintenance routine to maintain peak system performance levels.
- Identify and explain the processes and commands used to connect personal computers to various networks and Internet systems.
- Identify common viruses, malware, and other security threats and choose appropriate courses of action to prevent such attacks and remove threats that have already accessed a computer or computer network.
Why Learn at Inceptor?
Support for promoting your tech career:
Inceptor Computer Service and Repair Career program helps you develop the confidence you need to reach for your career goals because we integrate digital entrepreneurship prep into your studies. With the online tools at OnlyZap, you’ll get step-by-step guidance as you create polished, professional online profiles that will give you business. After you complete the course, you’ll keep your Inceptor Project account so you can revisit the tools any time you need to make a good impression on a potential employer.
- Technical support
- Computer technician
- Help desk technician
Areas of Employment
- Personal computer support, sales and service
- Personal computer bench repair, upgrades and maintenance
- Operation and maintenance of computerized manufacturing equipment
- Consumer electronic equipment sales and service
Click to SEE Other Marketable Services
Our computer & laptop repair training course curriculum introduces you to the hardware and software an effective service and repair specialist must understand in order to set up, maintain, and make repairs on-the-job. You will learn troubleshooting techniques for devices, networks, operating systems, applications, and more. This training is 90% practical.
Lesson 1: Orientation: Inceptor Career Program
Learning at Inceptor
The goals and values of Inceptor; time management; creating a realistic weekly and monthly study schedule; the nature and purpose of assessments; how to study effectively to prepare for and take projects; developing the skill sets necessary for success in the twenty-first century.
Summary introduction to the standard hardware components of a personal computer, the tools and test equipment commonly used to execute basic troubleshooting and repairs and the safety practices used to protect both the technician and equipment from harm. This lesson also provides an overview of the disassembly and reassembly of a common desktop PC.
Lesson 2— Introduction to Computer Hardware
Tools, Repair Devices, and the Internal Parts of the PC
Students will learn the specific parts and features of motherboards found in personal computers. The lesson provides instruction on the support, maintenance, installation and replacement of this major computer subsystem.
Lesson 3— Hardware Essentials: Installation and Troubleshooting Practices
Processors and Memory Upgrade
Topics for this lesson are focused on processors and memory. Students will learn specifications for popular Intel and AMD processors. Moreover they will get the specifications and configurations for DIMM and RIMM memory modules. Instruction includes details on selection criteria used to match processor and memory to the motherboard used in the system.
Power Systems, Cooling, and Hardware Troubleshooting
Coverage includes the primary devices used to cool the internal components of computer devices. This lesson also covers standard troubleshooting logic. This is used to evaluate and correct malfunctions.These occur in hardware installations when replacing or upgrading system components. Examples are provided for each primary hardware system and many individual components. Instructions specific to laptop computers and mobile devices as well.
Understanding Computer Storage
Students learn about the various technologies employed inside common hard drives and the basic theory of how computer storage works. The lesson covers the configurations or hard drives, the hardware and cables used for installation. You also learn the criteria used to select hard drives for multiple applications. Students will also learn about multiple devices used for external and portable data storage.
The course grading is structured around project milestones, providing you with a practical and hands-on assessment framework. Your progress will be evaluated based on the completion and submission of key project stages, allowing you to apply what you’ve learned effectively and receive feedback throughout your learning journey
Please visit our offices to complete for admission for the Ongoing INTAKE.
We are open for Enquiries on (254) 0728456781 or in our offices located in Nairobi, Hazina Towers, 18th floor, Utalii Lane, opposite Anniversary Towers.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes